Ms. Orozco is a licensed Mexican attorney, who received her law degree with highest honors from the Universidad Iberoamericana (UIA) in 2004. In 2006 Ms. Orozco completed the Master’s Degree in Business Legal Advise at the Pontificia Universidad de Comillas (ICADE) in Madrid Spain.
• Practice Areas
Licensed Attorney in Mexico
Foreign Legal Consultant in California
Direct number: 619.515.1484
1350 Columbia Street, Suite 500
San Diego, CA 92101
Ms. Orozco has previously worked in Mexico on a broad array of matters including: corporate law, foreign investment, immigration law, and labor law.
Ms. Orozco has been an attorney at IPG since 2007. Her practice at IPG focuses on U.S. Mexico Cross-Border Commercial and Residential Transactions, Corporate Matters and Cross-Border litigation. Ms. Orozco is certified by the State Bar of California as Foreign Legal Consultant for Mexico. Her experience includes:
• Represented California based clients in the financial services industry in the establishment of their operations in Mexico, including incorporation of Mexican subsidiary, procurement of all necessary permits, due diligence, labor review and contracts and related matters.
• Advised clients in a multimillion dollar international dispute between heirs in Mexico and US contesting ownership of Mexican, US companies, real estate and other assets.
• Represented client in the financial services industry in connection with a $130 million dollar loan refinancing, including due diligence concerning subsidiaries and operations, review and drafting opinion letter and loan documents.
• Assisted large Mexican hotel owner and operator in the contribution of its all-inclusive hotel portfolio to a US-Netherlands joint venture.
• Assisted US client concerning the evaluation and validity of a Mexican judgment and its enforceability in a pending U.S. matter.
• Advised client regarding breach of contract dispute in connection with the sale of real property located in the Mayan Riviera to a US based buyer.
• Represented Mexican soccer team in the negotiation with large multinational sportswear company of a licensing agreement for the use of their trademark in the sale of apparel.
• Counseled numerous U.S. clients on commercial and residential real estate transactions in Mexico, including drafting of purchase and sale agreements, due diligence, title search and creation of title trusts.
• Assisted a Mexican client in a US arbitration related with international and domestic franchise laws in a matter related with the termination of a franchise agreement with an international hotel chain.