Ms. Juarez is licensed to practice in California and Mexico. Bilingual and bi-cultural Ms. Juarez has specialized in cross border matters for over 12 years
• Direct number: 619.515.1487
1350 Columbia Street, Suite 500
San Diego, CA 92101
• Practice Areas
– International and Cross Border Transactions
– Real Estate
• Professional Associations
Lawyers Club of San Diego
La Raza Lawyers Association
San Diego County Bar Association
American Bar Association
Ms. Juarez received her law degree from the Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (I.T.E.S.M) in December 2001.
Ms. Juarez has been an attorney at IPG since 2003. Her practice at IPG focuses on international and domestic business transactions with an emphasis on real estate and corporate cross-border transactions. Ms. Juarez represents a broad range of clients, including real estate developers, joint ventures, private investors and manufacturing companies. Ms. Juarez advises clients in the structuring, acquisition, disposition, financing and leasing of complex commercial real estate projects on both sides of the border, including office buildings, hotels, resorts and shopping centers. Ms. Juarez represents clients in all aspects of the establishment of manufacturing companies under the Maquiladora Program (a US-Mexico agreement intended to incentivize foreign investment in Mexico), including incorporation of foreign entities, obtaining permits, and drafting manufacturing, labor and distribution agreements. She also represents clients in the hospitality industry in the operation and management of hotels and resorts, including negotiation and termination of franchise and management agreements.
Ms. Juarez corporate practice focuses on the formation and structuring of cross-border joint venture entities for real estate projects and other business, including incorporation of domestic and foreign entities, and drafting joint venture agreements compatible with Mexico and US laws.
- Represented large Mexican hotel owner and operator in the contribution of its all-inclusive hotel portfolio to a US-Netherlands joint venture. The latter consisted of several institutional partners, including one of the leading hotel franchises in the US in a transaction of a total value of $1 Billion Dollars. The transaction included a complex tax structure and various side agreements, including a joint venture agreement, seller carry-back issued through a US syndicated loan, non-compete and consulting agreements.
- Represented a US based client in the structuring an implementation of a joint venture with Mexican partners for the manufacturing of concrete mattresses used in subsea pipelines, including establishing US and Mexico-based companies, joint venture agreement, license and consulting agreements.
- Represented US based client in the establishment of its Mexican manufacturing facility (Maquiladora) for the sale of environmentally efficient fuel additives for the sale to the Mexican Federal Electricity Commission (CFE), including incorporation of Mexican entities, obtaining permits and negotiating contracts with governmental agencies.
- Represented group of Mexican investors in structuring a joint venture with a California real estate investment firm for the acquisition and management of an office building in San Francisco, CA, in a transaction worth $27 Million Dollars. Transaction included renegotiation of existing leases with major tenants, including a government agency.
- Represented clients in all aspects of the acquisition of a commercial building located in Houston, Texas, that included a loan assumption and restructuring of over $25 Million Dollars.
- Represented Development Company in all aspects of the acquisition of an approximately 30,000 acres residential and resort golf community located in Central Valley, California, during a bankruptcy procedure. Transaction included complex due diligence and bankruptcy issues.
- Represented client in the $90 Million Dollar sale of a first class luxury hotel in México City to the first and largest REIT (FIBRA) in Mexico. The transaction included an assignment of the existing financing and franchise agreement to the REIT (FIBRA).
- Represented hotel owner in the negotiation of a $33 Million Dollar loan issued by US based lender and secured by a luxury hotel located in Mexico City, including drafting and reviewing US and Mexico loan documents, preparing opinion letters and negotiations of non-disturbance and attornment agreements with existing hotel management company.
- Represented hotel owner in the acquisition of luxury hotel in Cancun, México, in the process of foreclosure by US-based lender. The $40 Million Dollar transaction included a complicated loan workout and structuring.
- Represented hotel owner in the sale of a first class luxury hotel in Cancun, Mexico to an investment fund consisting of several institutional partners and a San Diego-based hotel property management company in a deal worth $76 Million Dollars.
- Represented hotel owner in an arbitration procedure relating to termination of a franchise agreement with a major US hotel chain, which resulted in a favorable settlement in favor of client. Arbitration included complex US and Mexico trademark issues.
- Represented clients in planning and establishing operations for a large California Marina Management Company in La Paz, Mexico, including obtaining necessary permits, licenses, tax registrations and work visas.
- Represented US based leading plastic distribution company in dissolution of joint venture with Mexican partners.